Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Studio time



.

Beginning

.


Spending a little time by the pool today before it truly turns to fall. Not going 

to lie but I'm ready for cooler weather.  I think once October rolls around my mind 

expects lovely fall to arrive. Especially growing up in Colorado, where all the 

leaves start to change. 



Working on a new series this month. It's been a great stretch for me to focus on a specific style. I was just telling my sister in law, Kristen it's been good for me. Probably because since I started my new goal of, "painting 15 minutes a day" about 4 + months ago it was my desire to  .r e a l l y.  paint often. No rules... Just have fun. 

But now it's time to focus on a particular style. It's not been easy, but I think that's the point.  I'm not saying this style is forever, or now I have my specific style. Instead, I simply want to create and I want to push myself and stretch my abilities as a creative. I have to listen to my intuition and this felt like what's next, even though fear told me otherwise.

Here is goes...







This color blocking in JCrew catalog is inspiration for the long skinny painting






This painting above is still in the works... not finished








texture









orange

2 comments:

  1. I love the post! Have a nice weekend:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks !!! I hope you have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete