Friday, October 30, 2015

Come visit my Atelier



s t u d i o


I took french in college and adore the french language. When I visited Paris, I instantly felt right at home.  My only complaint was the people weren't so friendly.  But maybe it has changed since I was there over 15 years ago.  Wow, that makes me sound old. 

Anyway, I was in my studio today and felt inspired by my space, which is kind the point, you are all thinking... But, it's true.  I've created a little space where I can come create or read if I want.  I like to keep my studio dedicated just to creating and relaxing things.  No, bill paying or such things like this.  Just lovely things... 






I love cactus... so sculptural. 
They always seem to inspire me. 
So... I had to have one for my desk.











Hammered a few holes in the wall to display art in progress... 
Helps me to imagine it in a space and also step back to evaluate the piece...







Writing on the wall...








succulents!! I adore plants!











I like to hang inspiring pictures but also keep it to a minimum, or else I can feel overwhelmed by color, shapes and designs... This might sound weird but as I've gotten older, I appreciate a more simple minimal look.  This is just what works for me... 

I know plenty of artist's who love art pinned up, papers, magazines, sculptures and things everywhere.  I love visiting these types of homes and studio's because they are so inspiring ...






Antique basket, actually I was told it was used as a locker basket. I like to put magazines in it, instead of old stinky sport clothes.








Found a stump around the property the other day and painted it white. I hope to attach wheels to the bottom so I can roll it wherever I want in the studio.  Anyway, I use it for resting my feet on or resting magazines or maybe a cup of tea.







I finally have a chair for my studio, where I am actually sitting right now... added some sheep skin because, well it's just so cozy...








This is the last painting 
I finished and posted
on Instagram, and now it's
time for me to get to work
and paint a new piece... avoir!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks HOLLY!! also, thanks for your support always! Means a lot!!! Loved your art today on Hello Lovely Living!!

    ReplyDelete